8 Conlay, Kuala LumpurNovember 15, 2020
Burau Bay Resort, Langkawi, KedahNovember 17, 2020
5* Hotel, 360 Rooms, Westlake, Hanoi, Vietnam
Setting new standards in hotel design, luxury and comfort.
Vescope Sdn Bhd (F.K.A. Kumpulan Sepakat Konsult Sdn Bhd) was appointed on the full renovation and restructuring of the formerly abandoned hotel project, to create Vietnam’s first Intercontinental Hotel. The Intercontinental Westlake Hotel built on West Lake houses 360 luxurious rooms, which are amongst the most spectacular in the city.
4 years in the making
Despite being our first project in Vietnam, we helped the Client handpick some of the country’s most reputable contractors to undertake the rehabilitation. From the building’s façade to interior elements including fine marble, rich wood panelling and gold leaf finishing, the result is the ultimate in Vietnamese craftsmanship.
Knowledge of the luxury hotel market
Working with both the owner and operator, we played a vital client support role. We used our knowledge of the luxury hotel market to provide benchmark figures and provided a team on site to keep a measure of control.
- - Initial Due Diligence report. We sent a team to do assess the abandoned site and stock take of existing materials
- - Value engineering as Client’s initial budget was for 4 star hotel but ultimately a 5 star international hotel operator was on board
- Hanoi at that time did not have reputable main contractors, subcontractors and ID contractors. Ultimately we helped the Client negotiate a Design and Build Contract with a Malaysian Main Contractor. It was a green field site for both Client, Main Contractor and the whole team of foreign consultants.
- - Supported our client’s own cost-control team to ensure budgets were met and payments were properly verified
- - Negotiate with Operator Technical Team and identify Wants vs Needs due to budget constraints
- Defended our client’s interests under difficult circumstances during procurement
- - Provided estimates during claim negotiations to combat high pricing
- Negotiated with local subcontractors on the original contractor’s pricing
- -In addition we were involved in the procurement of all furniture, fixtures and equipment including handwoven carpet rugs from India to replace the specified European rug, broadloom carpets from Thailand, porcelain tiles from Malaysia in lieu of Spanish ones, fire retardant upholstery and curtain fabrics reproduced from China instead of specified European branded fabrics, sanitary fittings from Singapore, reuse of existing green marble tiles for the swimming pool, maximise reuse of existing materials on site from previous abandoned project from timber, stones, fittings, etc.
Scope Of Services
Full scope of pre- and post-contract quantity surveying/cost management services for the entire development.
- Category : Hotel
- Location:Hanoi, Vietnam
- Client:TPC Nghi Tam JV
- Value:USD 30 Million
- Status:Completion 2008